Hey there, I have some big news to share!
We just relaunched NiftyHomestead.com this week as Insteading.com.
But, this is more than just a rename. Alongside the new name, Insteading is growing! All of the content you loved from Nifty Homestead will be merging with 5 more great sustainability publications over the rest of December, helping us bring our message to over 500,000 readers every month!
- Sustainablog: One of the oldest sustainability blogs on the web, Sustainablog brings tons of tips for reducing waste & general sustainability to the new site.
- Eat Drink Better: Healthy & sustainable food choices are a big part of our individual footprints, and EatDrinkBetter brings thousands of great articles on food & kitchen topics to the new site.
- Blue Living Ideas: Cutting-edge information about water conservation for consumers who want to have a smaller footprint on Mother Earth.
- Inspired Economist: Sustainability outside the home, in our businesses and in our community.
- Insteading: Past versions of Insteading.com have focused on sustainability, homesteading, and preparedness. All of those will be represented in the new and improved version.
The new site—Insteading—is focused on building a community of people trying to make themselves more resilient and independent. That’s something we all need to be thinking about, for ourselves and for generations to come. Insteading will be about how we can all work together toward a more resilient world.
Don’t worry, we’ll still have all of the great homesteading & gardening content that you signed up for in the first place. =)
What Comes Next?
Over the coming year we’ll be launching a number of great new initiatives, including:
- an upgraded redesign with better site navigation
- community content initiatives
- our marketplace of hand-picked goods
- more great content guides like our Tiny House Guide
As always we welcome your feedback on our content and the site in general, and ideas on topics you’d love for us to cover.
If you’re looking to get more involved in the Insteading community, a great place to start is applying to be a contributing writer. We welcome both occasional and ongoing contributors – everybody has a story to share or a topic to teach and we’d love to hear yours!
Thank you all for your readership over the past 2 years since we launched the original NiftyHomestead.com, and we look forward to delivering great sustainability stories and resources to you for years to come!