The holiday season is in full drive, and that means the job market is slowing down for the rest of the year. But poking around over at Green Job Post shows that some employers are still looking for recruits… might be a good time to get an application in while everyone else is celebrating.
The waste management picks are a bit on the sparse side, but if you’re interested in working with waste issues as part of broader responsibilities, we found a good one…
Editor’s Picks: This Week’s Top Waste Management Jobs
Company: NBC Universal
The Sustainability Coordinator is responsible for supporting company-wide sustainability initiatives on the Universal Studios lot. This includes the existing TV and film Sustainable Production Programs as well as studio operations in the areas of energy, water and waste. As a member of the Corporate Affairs team, this person will play a key role in sustainability initiatives across the portfolio and broader employee communication efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree; educational background in Environmental Science or Business Sustainability, or minimum of two years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analytic skills and acute attention to detail is essential
- Self-starter, flexible, motivated and proactive; comfortable working independently
- Strong computer skills, including being well versed in Microsoft
- Excel Must be comfortable working in a corporate environment
Photo credit: Shutterstock