It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Communications & Outreach Contractor: Future Harvest CASA – Future Harvest CASA’s mission is to provide education, networking, and advocacy to help build a sustainable Chesapeake foodshed, where food flows from farm and fishery to table in ways that strengthen farming and the regional food economy; protect our land, water, and air; and provide healthy, nutritious food that sustains the region’s communities and cities. Future Harvest CASA is seeking a full-time, self-motivated, highly organized, tech-savvy, and visionary person to manage communications and outreach for Future Harvest CASA. This is a one-year, full-time contract position, with option to renew.
2. Program Manager: Farm Aid – Farm Aid is a national, nonprofit organization working to build a vibrant, family farm-centered system of agriculture in America. Since 1985, Farm Aid has raised more than $50 million to help farmers thrive, expand the reach of the Good Food Movement, take action to change the dominant system of industrial agriculture and promote food from family farms. The Program Manager works to strengthen family farm and rural service organizations nationally and the resources and opportunities available for family farmers through strategic management of Farm Aid’s grant programs and network database. The Program Manager position includes coordinating effective evaluation of Farm Aid’s grant making and farmer service programs and preparing impact-based reports and communications. The Program Manager helps to staff Farm Aid’s 1-800 hotline and provides farmers with quality referrals and emotional support.
3. Farm to Table Cafe Director: Coffee and Cotton – Coffee and Cotton is a farm to table cafe located within a historic textile mill known as Mill No. 5. We are a group of passionate individuals with businesses ranging from a coworking fashion maker space, to a brain research startup. There is a yoga studio, independent movie theater, record store, book store, and other unique shops. Coffee and Cotton is the heart of the operation providing the fuel and energy to sustain our passions. We are looking for someone who shares a passion for food and community, someone who is capable of the nuts and bolts of operations while looking ahead for opportunities to collaborate and raise the food culture of our region.
4. Associate Director of Digital Communications: Share Our Strength – Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications and working closely with the Director, Membership and Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Digital Communications leads the implementation of integrated fundraising and engagement plans through digital channels for the Communications and Membership teams. Fundraising and engagement strategies include efforts to acquire, convert, and retain constituents through integrated event, advocacy, and revenue-generating programs. The Associate Director will also oversee robust digital brands for Share Our Strength, directing a team of 5. He or she will be responsible for elevating the No Kid Hungry brand through improving internal processes and external communication, and implementing a successful brand strategy. The successful candidate will balance a diverse set of priorities ranging from messaging, advertising, and campaign creation to analytics, testing, people management, and budgeting. This role works in close partnership with other members of the communications team, the fundraising team, outside vendors, and with other internal/external stakeholders.
5. Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator: National Sustainable Ag Coalition – The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC) is an alliance of grassroots organizations that advocates for federal policy reform to advance the sustainability of agriculture, food systems, natural resources, and rural communities. NSAC is currently seeking a Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator to help us build grassroots power and win campaigns through coordination of NSAC’s 100+ member organizations and outreach to their respective grassroots membership. This position is located at NSAC’s DC office on Capitol Hill. The Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator reports directly to the Grassroots Director.
Image copyright Rawpixel.com