It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Associate Director of Digital Communications: Share Our Strength – Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications and working closely with the Director, Membership and Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Digital Communications leads the implementation of integrated fundraising and engagement plans through digital channels for the Communications and Membership teams. Fundraising and engagement strategies include efforts to acquire, convert, and retain constituents through integrated event, advocacy, and revenue-generating programs.
2. Local Foods Development Coordinator: Local First Arizona Foundation – Local First is a nonprofit organization working on multiple issues related to inequity. We work to create opportunities and access for all people, and healthy food access is a priority. We launched www.goodfoodfinderaz.com last year, which is the state’s first directory of growers and purveyors of local foods. We are now working to list all the U-pick-it farms, community gardens, school gardens, and farmer’s markets where SNAP and WIC benefits are accepted. Additionally, we will show how to access healthy food using public transportation systems, and will release printed materials in English and Spanish to help families empower themselves with healthier choices. This position is primarily responsible for raising awareness of local foods, local food producers, local food organizations and local food businesses by organizing food-oriented events aimed at promoting Arizona’s food community, identifying and helping to write grants to fund healthy food programs, on-site visits to food businesses and strategic collaborations.
3. Food Justice Project Coordinator: NCAT – The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) is seeking an experienced manager to coordinate a groundbreaking food justice project in Mississippi. NCAT is a private non-profit organization whose work includes nationally recognized projects in food, agriculture, and energy such as ATTRA, the national sustainable agriculture information service, and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Clearinghouse (LIHEAP). The position will be located in NCAT’s Gulf States Regional Office in Jackson, Mississippi. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team of diverse organizational partners and NCAT staff who are collaborating to transform food systems in Mississippi to improve access to healthy, locally grown food. Our project goals are to educate children and adults on healthy eating, train new farmers, create new school and community gardens, provide employment opportunities for minority and native peoples, and advance local farm to table efforts.
4. CSA Outside Sales Representative: Farm Fresh To You – In 1976 our parents, Kathleen Barsotti and Martin Barnes, graduate students at UC Davis, borrowed money from their parents to buy 20 acres of property in Capay Valley. Today, we continue to grow our family on the farm, encouraging strong roots for a better food and agriculture system for all.
5. Urban Farmer: Heart Beet Gardening – Heart Beet Gardening is LA’s original urban farming business. Founded in 2007, our company designs, builds and maintains organic vegetable gardens and orchards. Our goal has always been to connect Angelenos with their soil, their food and their city through beautiful and productive edible gardens. Heart Beet is Seeking a Passionate Urban Farmer! We are now looking to add an urban farmer to our team! This is a perfect position for someone who loves to be outdoors and has experience growing vegetables. Each of our gardens is custom built to fit the unique needs of each homeowner. These are NOT cookie cutter gardens! This is also a place where you have the opportunity to be creative and detail oriented in order to create a beautiful garden.
Image copyright Rawpixel.com