Need a new way to prepare broccoli? Try this nutty recipe that takes less than 30 minutes.
In my undergraduate program to become a dietitian, I learned that broccoli is the answer to everything. Deficient in vitamin A? Broccoli. Deficient in vitamin K? Broccoli. Need more fiber? Broccoli. The list goes on. One cup of cooked broccoli has about 6 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein. Not only is it super good for you, it tastes amazing just about any way you cook it. Lately my favorite way to eat it is by roasting in the oven until it’s crispy like a healthy french fry.
Roasted Broccoli with Pine Nuts
- 1 Bunch raw broccoli
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dash sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop broccoli into bite size florets.
- Finely chop pine nuts, mince garlic (a garlic press works best.)
- Toss all ingredients in large bowl until everything is evenly mixed.
- Roast in oven until broccoli is cooked through and starting to crisp on the outside.
- Enjoy as a side dish!
Image credit: Creative Commons photo by Cookthinker