Spring is HERE! Bring on the sunny days, warmer weather, and asparagus season. Need some asparagus recipes to help you incorporate more of this yummy spring veggie into your life? We’ve got you covered. But before we get to the asparagus recipes, check out this awesome time lapse video of asparagus growing in the field. It’s beautiful.
11 Yummy Asparagus Recipes
1. Spinach and Asparagus Pasta – Make this a vegan asparagus recipe by skipping the cheese or substituting nutritional yeast. Mmmm….nooch!
2. Grilled Asparagus – Spring is also grilling weather, so take those asparagus spears outdoors!
3. Asparagus Tips Saute – This simple stir fry is fresh and delicious. Try maple syrup in place of the honey to make it a totally vegan recipe.
4. Asparagus and Corn Pasta Salad – This would be great as a side, or you can add 2 cups of cooked white beans to make this salad the main event.
5. Roasted Asparagus and Chickpeas – You dish up this asparagus recipe on a bed of sauteed spinach and your favorite whole grain for a healthy spring supper.
6. Puree of Asparagus Soup – I love a cozy soup on a blustery spring evening! Pair this up with some crusty garlic bread, and you have yourself a meal.
7. Balsamic-Glazed Asparagus – This delicious side dish comes together in just 10-15 minutes. Perfect for a busy evening when you need to add some extra veggies to your meal.
8. Asparagus Crepes with Super Easy White Sauce – Want to get your kids to eat their veggies? Serve them rolled in a crepe with creamy vegan white sauce.
9. White Bean, Asparagus, & Artichoke Heart Salad – This is another yummy asparagus dish that would make a whole meal with some crusty bread.
10. Griddled Asparagus Salad – The salad recipe is the base for a one-bowl meal featuring Moroccan harissa and sesame quinoa balls. Can you say YUM?
11. Creamy Chilled Farro with Asparagus – Have you been wanting to try farro but weren’t sure where to begin? This recipe is the perfect intro!
Image Credit: Asparagus photo via Shutterstock